Creating a portal


I want to create a scene in unreal engine showcasing my model, to do so I want to make sure that the person can explore the scene, something small and easy 

 I started working on a small portal, i used a reference to work with and started making a model.



I sued this as a reference but i don like the way it looks, so i decided to look for a better reference


I found this reference, it is nice and it is very simple


I started by importing the image and creating the first rune shape

I managed to create a basic shape of the model


I started adjusting the model and I added some details to make it more fantasy

I started creating the base runes for the model using a reference I found on Pinterest.

I now have the runes.

I made sure to UV map everything on one page


I made sure to rename all components correctly

The model is ready to be exported

I created a New Unreal Engine project called Mystic Realms, I will include all my new models in this scene and I will showcase the progress I make by importing them into Unreal Engine, I will also continue uploading my models on Sketchfab.

The model fits Unreal Engine 5 scale correctly and I'm happy with it.

I followed this tutorial to make the Model feel like a real portal.


I created a high poly version of the model, i made sure to add extra edges around the model, but I DID NOT smooth the model in maya, instead i exported the model as FBX file to ZBrush

I then imported the model in ZBrush an started adding details.




I baked the textures into the low poly portal model.


This is the the completed model.


I used this tool: Texture Set Combiner to have all my materials in one texture file for each format.



Then i uploaded my model on sketchfab. I made sure to use a version of the model with all combined meshes and the model has only one material that covers all the parts.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coral Cove

3D Weapon Workflow

The Laboratory Game Mechanics