Emissive effects

I created adjusted a molten emissive effect for m axe to create a frost/ice weapon

I followed this video to learn the effect.

First I created a low poly model and a high poly version of the Axe


I had some issues with my low poly model because, so I took a free axe model from sketchfab and I adjusted it to my preferences.

My goals is to make sure to create an interesting effect for a simple axe.

Then used substance painter to apply the textures and bake the high poly version i made for the model.

i'm not too happy with the way the model Looked.

Then I adjusted the emissive to create the Frost effect.

I made an Updated version for the textures of this Axe, I also changed some parts of the axe to make the model more interesting.

I went back on the textures for the model and I changed the way the model looks to give a Viking aesthetic, I also adjusted the intensity of the model tones and added an extra ring model with runes to make the model stronger and much more fitting for a fantasy Viking game.


I also created a rune under the axe model with the same style of emissive to make sure that the axe model was more balanced all around.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coral Cove

3D Weapon Workflow

The Laboratory Game Mechanics