Mario Kart Scene


I really want to create a scene with Dry Bones, I'm really inspired to make it stylized and cartoony, but i do need to make a character model and a kart that is easily recognizable.

Considering the fact that I wanted to do this scene for fun and as quick as possible I went into Sketchfab and searched for an FBX format to Dry Bones from the Wii version of the game because that model is easier to adjust and fit into my vision.

I really like stylized models and I wish to learn and understand how to create them for my own projects, but I need to practice and understand how to make them perfectly.

 I saw a kart on Sketchfab and I thought about creating a small scene with a bunch of models and blending them all in with accurate texturing to make a scene from Mario Kart.

I used this Kart model as a placeholder for my character Kart.


I used a Dry Bone model I found, imported it into Maya, scaled, and adjusted the mesh to fit into the car by moving its components and making it look like he is sitting inside the Kart, I made sure that the UV are placed correctly and goot to be exported into Substance painter.



I created the Texture on Substance using my own style and making sure that each model was fitting for the scene in Nintendo style.



This is the outcome of the scene

I made sure to use the colors accordingly and make each model belong to the scene.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coral Cove

3D Weapon Workflow

The Laboratory Game Mechanics