Unreal Notes

 To activate physics in models


This will make the selected meshes feel the gravity, it also affect the size of meshes.


Heavy meshes want fall, but imbalanced meshes will, just like the street sign below.


Objects can have their physic adjusted in the Mesh viewport in Unreal


This allows for a much smoother collision threshold for the character.




To allow a character to move the object around in the world by physically moving it





For Blueprints, it can be found on the viewport section and clicking on the selected static mesh.



I followed a couple of tutorials to get some basic blueprints going on.


I followed this Tutorial to pick up coins and crystals items in Unreal Engine


The Crystal are collected by the player




And i used this Tutorial for the enemy animations



A friend of mine helped me out with the blueprints for the weapon, we are currently working on implementing a weapon management system for the game, it will take some time but it is possible to get it done.


I also imported Josh Level design and combined it with the assets of the market place, I do wish to continue focusing on 3D modelling, but I also want to have a look at the blueprints and how it all get combined together.


I made some blueprints with the help of Amar, and I asked him to get some weapon animations, and equip/unequip blueprints for each of my weapons, and also switching between them.


These are the assets packs that I used


I imported all those assets inside Josh level block out, from my uclan onedrive




Then I Imported and organized each files under names,

by renaming the files the project got a bit messed up and this caused 





I then moved the skeleton mesh into the level, I also imported the crystal models that I made and the blueprints from the tutorials, 


I started working from josh level blockout and i used some assets to make a quick Vulcano scene.



I started testing the viewpoint for my Flameburst model



I placed the assets on my model.




The entrance for the level






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coral Cove

3D Weapon Workflow

The Laboratory Game Mechanics