Going back to Maya


Autodesk Maya


I got in class and talked a bit with my fellow comrades, made new friends and then I took over my new pc in class.

Connected the various wires to the monitor to use the Wacom drawing screen.

 I was very exited to be back designing games again.

I started my current work with Autodesk Maya 23, my focus for this year is to create interesting 3D Models to showcase my skills as an artist.


My main goal for today is to make a model and import it on Unreal Engine 5, this software got a massive update, I had some some to watch UE5 tutorial on my previous job.

The last time I used Maya was more than a year ago, I logged into my PC and  turned on Maya 23, I was ready to test myself and see if I still got the skills to create 3D Models.

So i decided to practise a bit and I made a quick model to get back on track.



I made a quick MP5 gun in low poly and then I UV mapped to to practise my Texturing.

I used Photoshop to create the textures and then applied it on the Model.


Now was the turn to import the model into UE5.

The Model Now is in the game, regarding of the textures that got a bit messed up with importing, my goal was archived as I still got the confidence of my skills to back me up.


All of this was made in one day and imported it Game Engine. 

You can also quickly check my model on Sketchfab.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coral Cove

3D Weapon Workflow

The Laboratory Game Mechanics