The Start of Four Week Project

 My Lecture told me to make 5 different modular weapons, model them, uv, texture and imported in UE5 for next week, I took it as challenge and started working on the spot.

I created a quick guideline:

  • GUN A Assault Rifle
  • GUN B Shotgun
  • GUN C Pistol
  • GUN D Submachine Gun 
  • GUN E Sniper

As soon as the lecture was over I went back in Maya and I started working on Gun A, I want to create a Sci-fi energy gun. back on Pinterest looking for endless ideas.

I came Across Lyra on UE5, I watched some tutorial to understand how the Engine worked, I may use it in the future for my game.

The next step is to create the actual weapons for the game.


I made a couple of quick mood boards for the style and look.


The first thing to do is to separate the gun types and the parts, then mix a bit of creativity.



I really like the creativities of these guns and their Design got me really inspired on working on my own models.

Gareth Davies posted on Twitter this interesting 3D model of a Netflix radio, I really like the look and style of it.



The next part would be to understand how to separate each gun parts, I asked myself questions to figure out a way to make something more unique in the process of creating these weapons.

Is there is a way to connect each parts differently?

What if the guns parts have different effects when assembled? 

How can I make everything work together?

Can I combine different guns?



This was the main thought I was having during these research process.


I wanted the Weapon to have a solid structure and look compact and reliable.

I decided to create my own gun using photoshop.


I made my own drawing on photoshop using the Wacom screen, I designed the weapon to be "combined" into a big compact gun made from different parts.

The actual Gun is the middle body part, 


For today I have a solid Idea of what I'm working on, my next task would be to create the actual weapon using Maya.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coral Cove

3D Weapon Workflow

The Laboratory Game Mechanics