Metroidvenia Game Jam Week 3

This is the Weeek 3 and 4 before the end of the Game Jam for out metroidvenia

Set Designed the Logo

Josh created the main menu using Unreal Engine



The team in call



Dialogues 


Tim wrote the dialogues



3D Models


Making a Kukri Dagger 


I found a reference for a simple Kukri in google and use it as base for my model, and started working on the Kukri dagger weapons for the Game Jam.


First I created the main model using Maya


Then i created the high poly version in maya so that i use it for the baking process


I sent the dagger to see the opinion of my team.

I then went back and did some reaserch of symbols that I can apply to the weapon to make it better.

I found an alphabeth called Ge'ez script


This was the anicent version of the Ethiopian scripture

I tried obtaining some old scripture to use as symbols for the weapon


I found out that the amharic scripture derivates from the Ethiopiac scripture


I will use this letters to upgrade all my weapons texture and make them even better.

Weapons


The kukri has now a name tag to make it belong to the character.


I updated all my swords to suits effects, the cursed sword have a matching design to the final sword.


The demonic sword had to be changed from red to purple to match the evil spirit.


Sandals


I quickly created a pair of sandals for the main character using some reference that i found in google.

I made one, made sure to have it UV mapped then mirrored to have another one.



Then i made some simple texture for the sandals.




Bow



Stalactite

I quickly created a stalactite for the cave level, this is supposed a statich mesh that will fall and distrupt the player.





The Statue

Make Big statue for temple

To archive this task i followed the guidelines that were made for the enemy statue head


I found a free female head asset in sketchfab and downloaded it to match the character in the concept


I started sorting out with creating my model in Maya


and then applied a simple texture


How it appears in the game



The Character


Gameplay


Making enemy move

Enemy Dash

Enemy trying to avoid attacks

Combo follow up

Bounce Bounce




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coral Cove

3D Weapon Workflow

The Laboratory Game Mechanics