Scream Jam Week 2

 This is week two of the scream jam horror game.

I have been watching some Gameplay for Silent Hill 2, getting inspiration and ideas for the items the player can collect/use.

I took the game files from Nathan's Onedrive folder and playtested the game


I downloaded a copy of the project

Witch Appearance

Witch effects and sound

Lantern Testing

Light Walking

Mist Walking

Josh also updated the environment block out. inserting the lantern model that i made.





Shotgun

This week I really wanted to create the shotgun for the game.

I made a mood board for the weapon.

I started blocking out the shotgun

I also separated the model into components to make sure it can be animated later on.


I adjusted the model, created some details, and fixed the vertex location so that the gun can be snapped on point when exported on unreal engine.



I made two different UV maps for the front and back of the Shotgun



I textured the Shotgun



While working on the Shotgun I had to make sure to make the weapon fitting for the theme of the game, the introduction of a firearm in a horror game provides "safety" for the player. The team asked me to create a shotgun, I did create the moodboard and got approved to proceed with the model, I made simple low poly meshes and constantly asked my team for feedback, and then finalized the model. The shotgun has two components: Front and Back.

The shotgun components were tricky to separate, but I still manage to make it feel simple for the game, with a low poly count, simple texture that won't distract the player's attention, and made the weapon "fit" into the game, making sure that it could be animated and used by the player character and that the model itself will not make the game lag or struggle during the gameplay. 

I then sent the components and made sure they are easily adjustable and ready to be animated.


The Shotgun in the game


The weapon animated





Graveyard 


I made some tombs assets for the graveyard.

I followed these references.



The Models















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coral Cove

3D Weapon Workflow

The Laboratory Game Mechanics