Working on Mech

I made a basic mecha, I'm happy with the look of it, but I could do more components.


 I created a basic low poly Mech, starting from some references that I found online.


I showed the model to the 10th Percent group and received interesting feedback.


I need to keep in mind that the model must be animated, so I had to adapt it for a human skeleton mesh.


I created a shoulder rocket launcher for the mech.


I also added some aerial mobility with the inclusion of a jet pack. i got inspired by this reference and made my own jetpack.

This is my version.


This is the completed base model of the Mech.


The point of origin of each model is really important. the origin of each part must be adjusted correspondently.


the cannon pivot point is at the bottom of the cannon

but this messes up the hand cannon animation.


The center of the wheel must be the center point of the cannon so that it won't affect the model later on.

This process must be done on each individual part.


This process is really important. I started naming all the components and assigning material to them.

each texture material must be named with m_name so that later on it can be exported.

Renaming every component is really important. it will make it easy to find the right parts when exported.

Then I apply material for each component or group of them.


I'll make sure that each material is named correctly as m_mech_


Then I'll proceed to the UV mapping of the model

first I start by setting each individual UV in the correct position for texturing.

I then separate each UV into parts using the cut tool.

Then I click on unfold UV.

Then I adjust the UV maps correctly inside the grid.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coral Cove

3D Weapon Workflow

The Laboratory Game Mechanics