Creating Charizard

Creating a 3D model of Charizard, a popular Pokémon, can be a fun and rewarding project for 3D artists.

All of Charizard information that I used is from the Bulbapedia page.

I started with reference images, Ensure that the reference images are clear and show the details of Charizard's anatomy.

These are the ones I used:

FRONT


SIDE


I used Autodesk Maya to create a low poly version of Charizard.


I created the Tail


Then i moved on to the lizard's main body



I then made his arms


And legs


I then proceeded to create a simple version of the fire on his tail.


Then I moved on to build his wing making sure to push into the bat-shaped edges.


And finally the Head, this was the tricky part


Now I finally have all the pieces of the Pokemon. Is time to combine them together



I made some extra parts to add some details



And some extra fire versions


Then I assembled the entire model


I created low-poly and high-poly versions of the model


Then I exported the model and started texturing it with its color scheme.


Substance 3D Painter designs are too rough so I used Photoshop Instead to create a cartoony colour effect.


These are the UV with the textures







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coral Cove

3D Weapon Workflow

The Laboratory Game Mechanics