Rigging a Character

 I will demonstrate an easy way to rig a character for animations or posing.

First, you need a character model and it must be either FBX or OBJ format.

You can find various models for videogame characters on the Models Resource website. Or you can make a character on your own using Blender.

Once the model is ready, I exported it using FBX format as this is the most supported for game engines such as Unreal Engine 5. 

Then I used actorcore to rig the character, this tool allows the character to be rigged automatically with minimum effort, it is very helpful for animations or posing a character for a scene.

On the actorcore application,, you can import the FBX 3D model of the character into the engine and rig the model.

Make sure to group up all the components inside Maya, name them correctly, and export them as FBX.

Then import the FBX file inside actorcore software and rig it.

Once the model is completely rigged you can check for the animations.

The model can now be exported as FBX format to Unreal or Maya for further adjustments.

I followed this tutorial for more in-depth guidance. I also imported the rigged model into Maya

I made sure all rigs were at the same point and connected to the joints of the character.

Then I applied the textures.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coral Cove

3D Weapon Workflow

The Laboratory Game Mechanics