Creating a Spell Book

 I started working on my spell book, my goal is to keep perfecting my texturing skills, i want to create a faded emissive effect in this project.

I took inspiration from these spell books



I started working on the base shape of my book


I created the back of the book


I started adjusting the model to make it look like an open book

I was UV mapping each part so it would be easy.


I started adjusting the book and inserting small details that i think would fit the spellbook aestetics



I do wish to create a effect were the letters are coming out from the book



I spent the day bevelling edges on ZBrush to get used to it. Then I exported all the parts from the software in FBX format and I imported them all one by one in Maya and grouped them up with the rest of the high poly.

I made sure that the names were matching with the low poly versions. Then I checked the UV and exported both models in FBX format.

First I reimported the Mesh into substance, by having the same name it will reimport correctly. I then baked the high poly into the low poly. And made sure to have some basic textures.

I imported the model in Sketchfab, I need to add some details to make it more interesting, but I’m happy with the color combination.

I also adjusted the effects to make the model more appealing. Lighting plays an important role in capturing the audience's attention.

I started working on extra details for the scene.



The book itself won’t be much appealing, I need to add a minor model to increase the importance of the book.

I made a stool that should display the model.


I started renaming files and UV mapping them. it is easy to keep track of all the models and keep the UV ready.



I made a scene with the chains, making the book more powerful because it is shattering the chains around it.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coral Cove

3D Weapon Workflow

The Laboratory Game Mechanics