Designing the Board for my card game

 I quickly made a back for the cards in photoshop.

I used some image I found from google of a scroll and I add a filter to make it black, then I downloaded a font from Dafont and named it Soul Casters, and that is the name of my game.


I made some variants of the back, this is the grey one


I also have a blue one, and overall, I like this version more, it give it a bit of personality.


Then I proceeded to make a layout for the board in Photoshop.


I created some simple background card for the board, these helps the player understand what card go were during the game.



Here are a few different colour tonalities



I choose this design because the board doesn't distract too much from the cards, the darker tonalities makes the cards show up more.



Here is an example how a card in the board, these are summoned creatures, one in the graveyard, the deck on the deck zone, and a spell on the field face down.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coral Cove

3D Weapon Workflow

The Laboratory Game Mechanics