Alien Laboratory - Blueprints

 

I uploaded a Katana Mesh from Sketchfab Into the Robot, to check for the size, and position, for better gameplay and unique visuals.

I uploaded a Robot Mesh I got from Sketchfab into Unreal Engine, to see how it would fit in my game, I'm really happy with the results:


I think it looks sick

I tried replacing the mannequin with the Robot, but the FBX File has the mesh rotated by 90 degree towards the ground on a side. This is not good because I need to adjust the Rotation.


I imported the model in Both Blender and Maya

In Blender 


In Maya


I need to adjust the rotation accordingly to Unreal Engine

I tried asking for some Help on Discord, Amar was suggesting me to create a new blueprint and rotate the mesh, but I would still have to retarget all the animations again.


I spent some time researching the mechanics, luckily I found help along the way, I also watched tutorials to understand some blueprint logic, but it wasn't easy, I asked my friend Amar Sen to help me with the process of the blueprints, I don't think I would have made much progress if not for the guidance provided.

Some Gameplay


I also bought Substance Painter on Steam


Steam has acquired the License of Substance with all updated until end of 2024. This allows me to have an updated version of Substance Painter that covered all my University years, with me in my personal Steam Account.

I also have Blender on my Steam Account, This allows me to create and manipulate 3D Models freely, and I can create Textures with the use of Substance.

Unreal Engine is the Core of the Project, here is were the game is created, I have many different assets in my epic game account, and I will use what suitable for the game.

I purchased a katana animation from Epic Store and imported into Unreal Engine.

I had some help with the blueprints, 




I imported the Shooting starter content from Epic store into Unreal Engine, and after hours of trying to connect the right nodes, I managed to make the animation work, although the blueprints were still a bit rough, I had help on the process of adjusting the blueprints.



I also applied the same logic to the Katana, trying to make the character use both mesh was a nightmare. I spent days looking for an answer, I asked help from a discord server, and somehow after many trials and errors I managed to get both of them working.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coral Cove

3D Weapon Workflow

The Laboratory Game Mechanics